June 17—23 Announcements
- Annual Picnic and 15th Anniversary Celebration is on Saturday, July 22nd at Coronation Park, Site #2 (map is available on the back table). We will have our Shabbat morning service at Coronation Park at 11 am as part of the picnic. It is a good time to invite friends and family and introduce them to our ministry.
- Baptism (Tevila), we have decided to go with an indoor venue in the early fall and will announce the time and date once we have booked a location.
- Over the summer, we are going to take a break from our Hebrew Classes and will start up again after the Fall Feasts on Saturday, October 21st, form 3-5 pm in the Board Room.
- High Holy days 2017, Wednesday, September 20th (Erev Rosh Hashanah) to Saturday, October 14th (Simchat Torah) The schedule is on the back table and it is not too early to think about what you will bring for our two Onegs and our special Simchat Torah Nosh. Please also think about what decorations you could bring for the Sukkah and why not sign up to help put it up and take it down? Don’t forget your individually wrapped chocolates for Simchat Torah and which Bible passages you would like to read if you speak another language.
- If you are a guest or are new to our congregation we encourage you to fill out a welcome sheet. The sheets are located on the back table and can be left in the offering box. This will provide us with your contact information and allow you to sign up for our internet prayer and online announcements
- For anyone interested in Membership, please see Ifeanyi for a membership form. Additionally, the forms are on the back table and can be returned to Ifeanyi or Mike once they have been completed and signed. Please ensure you read the form carefully so you understand our membership covenant. If you have any questions about it, please see Mike.
- We regularly have new materials set out on the back table, please check it out so that you do not miss out. The latest one is “Know Your Enemy: Satan, His Origin, Activity and His Downfall”. This will be available in brochure form soon. Our monthly calendars and annual Torah reading lists are also available on the back table. Please return your Siddurs there after service.
- For those who are interested in Bar/Bat Mitzvah, please see Mike who would love to take you through the process and answer any questions you may have.
- Prayer Meetings are at 7 pm on Wednesday evenings. Anyone wishing to come early on Saturday and pray before our Shabbat service is still welcome to do so in the sanctuary. Once a month, we will be holding our Prayer Meeting at Gainford (John and Sherri’s). Please contact them for directions.
- We are still studying the Gospel of Luke on Thursdays at 7 pm during our weekly Yeshiva (Bible Study) and have reached chapter 19. Join us and bring your questions.
REMINDER TO LEADERSHIP:
There is a Leadership meeting tomorrow, Sunday June 18th from 12:30-2:30 at Mike and Patti’s place.
REMINDER REGARDING THE ELEVATORS
No operating of the elevator without elder/leadership member present.
NO CHILDREN PLAYING IN ELEVATOR. The elevator will be locked and is out of bounds for children. People who need to use it should request help from a leadership member.
June 17th Torah Carrier is: Jack; Reader is: Julie
We will be observing the L-rd’s Table